WHAT IS REPOWER?
Many times a vessel owner will choose to not only restore a boat to its original performance, but to also take the extra step and upgrade to the latest technology or a more powerful engine package.
WHAT IS AN ENGINE POWER PACKAGE?
- A Sterndrive Engine Power Package includes an engine, transom assembly and a sterndrive.
- An Inboard Engine Power Package includes an engine and a transmission.
- A forward steer outboard Power Package includes remote controls, cables, harness, instrumentation and a propeller.
WHY REPOWER? Why would you want to repower?
- You want to keep your boat and
- You want more Power!
- A new boat is out of your budget
- You want to incorporate the latest in fuel injection or digital technology that your current engine does not support.
- There has been a major failure in your existing engine.
- It has become a chore and a financial burden to keep up with the “little” problems of your older engine.
- Your current engine is just not performing up to your needs or expectations.
WHEN TO REPOWER?
Ideally, you should consider the decision to repower before a catastrophic incident. Doing your homework in advance not only provides you with the options available, it also provides you with the knowledge to make the right choice for your situation. The off-season is typically the best time to perform a repower. This way, none of your prime boating time is interrupted by your boat being in the service centre.
CAN I USE MY EXISTING STERNDRIVE WITH A NEW ENGINE?
The answer is sometimes. We can discuss the compatibility of your drive.
DO I NEED TO REPLACE MY RIGGING, CONTROLS, HARNESSES AND GAUGES WHEN I REPOWER?
Many times the feel and the way you perceive the performance can be directly related to the rigging and gauge systems in your vessel. Please take the time to review your entire system with us. We will be happy to explain the need or benefit of changing these important components.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT IF I AM REPLACING MY ENGINE WITH A DIFFERENT BRAND?
The need to change mounting hardware, engine brackets, a transom adaptor and/or glasswork is always possible. As this is not always the case, we can advise.
WHO DO I CONTACT FOR AN ESTIMATE ON MY REPOWER?
Guess Who. Call Charlie Koole or Warren Litto on 55 801 883 to discuss your situation and budget.