DIESEL ENGINE SERVICING & REPAIRS
Seatech Marine has been servicing Diesel Engines for 27 years and has the biggest team of factory trained marine mechanics on the Gold Coast. We have specialist Diesel Mechanics with years of experience in the marine industry. As Authorized Dealers for VOLVO PENTA and CATERPILLAR Diesel Engines we have specialised diagnostic equipment to ensure that any hidden problems are detected and rectified in the workshop rather than in the water. Our qualified technicians have extensive experience in the servicing and repair of MERCRUISER, MERCURY DIESEL, DETROIT & CUMMINS Engines. For peace of mind we provide a warranty on all genuine parts fitted by our qualified technicians.
Why Annual Servicing is Important for Large Diesel Engines even if you Do Not Use Your Boat!!
- Oil becomes acidic and mixes with contaminants of diesel fuel after 12 months which leads to corrosion and eventual engine failure
- The cooling system runs on salt water leading to a build up of salt and calcium over time which inhibits the ability of the system to cool itself. In addition, Impellors are replaced during each service as they gain a memory and will cavitate after long periods of non-usage leading to overheating and engine damage
- Lack of battery maintenance could lead to your vessel sinking in the event of a storm due to bilge pump failure
- If Air Filters become blocked your vessel will be down on performance and use excessive fuel
- Corrosion occurs in the raw water cooling system which leads to deterioration of your water pump’s seals and bearings. This will result in inefficient cooling, saltwater spray over expensive componentry and possible engine shutdown and submersion of your vessel
- Water contamination of fuel due to water leaks in fuel system can cause failure of engine componentry
- Total breakdown of vessel resulting in a possibly dangerous situation at sea ,or at least expenses for towing and /or possible vessel /personal damage injury
We Guarantee all repairs to ALL MAKES of diesel engines
At our first class on water facility at The Boat Works at Coomera we can tend to your boat at our secure, spacious , modern , undercover , fully equipped workshops or in our on-site marina berths. You can be assured of the highest quality of service and workmanship.
We also have fully equipped Mobile Vans working in the Gold Coast region to bring our high level of expertise to your vessel for your convenience. Repairs are carried out at your location with a minimum of fuss and can be organised with our Operations Manager on 55 801 883.