We must live on one of the best locations in the world for boating. Whether you are looking to take your boat out for a long trip or just for a day, this part of the world has a lot to offer.
We have compiled some of our top places to take your family this holiday season.
- For fireworks on New Years Eve, you cannot go past Chevron Island or Budds Beach. Or if you wish to travel a bit further north, Sovereign Island on Paradise Point is always a great place to see the fireworks too.
- Couran Cove is one of the must-do boating locations around for a family day of fun. The island resort, playground for kids, safe swimming areas, restaurants and bars and beautiful walks around the area are sure to offer something for everyone in the family.
- If it is more natural beauty you are after, the Jumpinpin Channel, also known as just The Pin, between South and North Stradbroke Island offers all that you need for a day out. Pull your boat up, have a picnic on the white sand and take in the natural beauty around you.
- Wavebreak Island then again is another great bbq or picnic spot. Pull up close to the shore on the northern side of the side which is sheltered from the winds, go across and have a bbq or a picnic on the beach. This is also the perfect place for skiing or wave boarding.
- The Southport Spit must be one of the all time favourite boating destinations on the Gold Coast. Anchor your boat in the cove area north of Seaworld and you are sheltered from the winds. This area is great for swimming, picnics and walks. And the famous Spit is just across as well.
We hope you and your family have a great times on the water this summer! And remember, we are your one-stop-shop for all things boating.