Our Bayliner is still for sale! Read more about it below:
A while back, one of our Main Beach customers called us up with a problem – a boat that other mechanics had tried to get running, but none had succeeded. We like a challenge, so we called in the experts, went over the boat with a fine-toothed comb, and diagnosed the faults involved. Unfortunately, the estimate for repairs was high – more than the boat was actually worth.
We wanted to help out a great customer, plus we’d been looking for a project, so we bought the boat ourselves. It was the perfect chance to train our apprentices in a number of different repair and installation processes. We’ve had it in our workshop at The Boatworks for a while now, and it’s looking great! It’s been refurbished and repaired from top to bottom.
About the boat
The boat is a 22.5-foot Bayliner Bowrider, built around 1993. It was repowered approximately 10 years ago with a 4.3L V6 Volvo engine.
Lots of boats this size still have a basic carburettor, distributor and ignition system – this little beauty has a helm computer and engine management system with multiple sensors, including electronic shift. This improves fuel efficiency and performance by ensuring that the right amount of fuel reaches the engine just as it’s needed. The original engine on most models of Bayliner is a 3L Mercruiser so this one flies in comparison. An engine repower of this quality would cost the asking price of the vessel on it’s own so this boat is a great buy.
The engine has only done 213 boating hours so expect reliable performance. Other features include:
- An open cockpit with the helm on the starboard side
- Comfortable seating for many people and plenty of storage either side of the cockpit for skis, ski lines, crab pots etc.
- Can be fully enclosed on hot or wet days or fully open for skiing and sun-baking
- A fairly new canvas cover for the front seating area that works perfectly to sleep 2 people overnight.
- Antifouled and has been kept in the water but can also live on a trailer (trailer not included)
- Full width swimming platform
- Stainless steel railing, and
- All the features and necessities of a later model vessel.
Whether you enjoy boarding, skiing, tubing, fishing or just cruising, this boat can do it all. This boat is very versatile for the whole family and is set up for fun. It would make a great day boat for a family with children.
Just jump into this boat and go, as it is in good condition ready for versatile family fun on the water. REDUCED PRICE ONLY $14,500 ono. For an inspection contact Charles at Seatech Marine, The Boat Works, Coomera on 07 5580 1883.